CCIP - Cisco Certified Internetwork Professional
The CCIP is a certification that demonstrates that the owner has a Professional knowledge of IP Networks.
It is maintained by Cisco Systems Inc.
The CCIP is a certification that covers networking technologies such as IP quality of service and IP routing.
Cisco offers a series of courses for preparing for this certification. These courses are:
- Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI) v3.0
- Implementing Cisco Quality of Service (QOS) v2.1
- Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers (BGP) v3.2
- Implementing Cisco MPLS (MPLS) v2.1
To be considered certified, the following criteria must be satisfied:
This certification must be renewed every three years. This includes an exam to prove current knowledge.
- The candidate must sign a confidentiality legal agreement;
- The candidate must pass three or four exams (depending on the route the individual takes) that include building scalable networks, quality of service, configuring BGP and implementing MPLS.