SCJA - Sun Certified Java Associate
The SCJA is a programming certification that demonstrates that the owner has a basic knowledge of Java programming, Object Oriented programming and associated technologies.
This certification is considered to be the Entry Level certification for Sun technologies.
It is maintained by Sun Microsystems Inc.
The SCJA helps validate that the individual has basic skills with the following items:
Sun offers two courses that would benefit a candidate attempting to gain this certification. They are:
- Java Programming;
- Java Technologies;
- Object Oriented concepts;
- Algorithm Design;
- Client and Server technologies.
- Fundamentals of the Java Programming Language;
- J2EE Overview for Managers.
To be considered certified, the following criteria must be satisfied:
- The candidate must register for the exam and pay the examination fee;
- The candidate must pass an exam of multiple-choice questions. The passing score for this exam is 68%.