MCT - Microsoft Certified Trainers
MCT certified individuals are authorized by Microsoft to provide training for Microsoft products.
This certification is maintained by the Microsoft Corporation
The MCT certification demonstrates that the owner is an expert in both using and training others in specific Microsoft solutions. This certification is annually renewed requiring specific requirements to be met each year. While designated as an MCT, the owner must meet all technical competencies for any authorized course, maintain high customer satisfaction (proven through the use of course evaluations) and deliver at least one Microsoft course.
The benefits of being an MCT are:
- Authorization to teach Microsoft Courses;
- Access to Trainer Kits for all Official Microsoft Learning products;
- Access to all Microsoft Official Academic Courses;
- Access to the library of Microsoft Learning e-Learning products;
- Exam discounts;
- Microsoft Press book discounts;
- Microsoft TechNet Plus discounts;
- Courseware support;
- Access to the MCT Member Site;
- Special offers to the MCT community;
- MCT Member newsgroups;
- Invitations to Microsoft events;
- Access to MCT Logos.
To become certified as a Microsoft Certified Trainers, the individual must complete the following items:
- Previously earned a Microsoft Dynamics qualifier for the MCT program, or a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certification. This is to ensure that the MCT is qualified to teach specific courses. To accomplish this, a certification in the following list must be completed in the following list:
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD)
- Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD)
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA)
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
Demonstrate instructional presentation skills. This can be accomplished by being a Certified Technical Trainer from CompTIA, having attended and passed a presentation skills course (from specific providers), having been a technical trainer for Microsoft, CISCO, Citrix, Novell or Oracle), or are currently an instructor at an accredited school.
Complete the MCT Application.