MCSD - Microsoft Certified Solution Developer
The MCAD is a certification that demonstrates that the owner is an advanced developer who, using Microsoft development tools, designs/develops enterprise solutions.
This certification is maintained by the Microsoft Corporation
MCSD is for lead developers who work with Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 and Microsoft Framework 1.1 along with other Microsoft development tools. It is focused on enterprise solutions using Microsoft technologies.
It is recommended that the candidate have at least two years of experience in a lead developer role.
The benefits of being an MCSD are:
- The recognition of the MCSD certification by the industry;
- Access to specialized technical information through Microsoft;
- Access to exclusive discounts from selected companies;
- MCSD certificate, wallet card, lapel pin and other items to identify you as a member of the Microsoft Certification Program;
- Invitations to Microsoft conferences, training sessions and other events;
- Free access to the Microsoft Certified Professional Magazine Online.
To become certified as a Microsoft Certified Solution Developer, the individual must pass four core exams and one elective exam. The core exams are related to:
- Web Application Development;
- Windows Application Development;
- Web Services and Server Component development;
- Solution Architecture.