MCDST - Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician
The MCDST is a certification that demonstrates that the owner has the skills to support and troubleshoot desktop environments that are running Microsoft Windows.
This certification is maintained by the Microsoft Corporation
MCDST is designed to identify individuals that are skilled at end-user support. It demonstrates that the owner has the ability to solve hardware and software operational issues as well as application problems on Microsoft Windows operating systems.
The benefits of being an MCDST are:
- The recognition of the MCDST certification by the industry;
- Access to specialized technical information through Microsoft;
- Access to exclusive discounts from selected companies;
- MCDST certificate, wallet card, lapel pin and other items to identify you as a member of the Microsoft Certification Program;
- Invitations to Microsoft conferences, training sessions and other events;
- Free access to the Microsoft Certified Professional Magazine Online;
- A discount on the Windows & .NET magazine;
To become certified as a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician, the individual must pass two core exams. These exams are related to the supporting users and troubleshooting the Windows XP Operating system and Applications running on it.
An upgrade path is also available to move to the Microsoft Vista operating system.