CISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor
The CISA is a security certification that demonstrates that the owner has excellent skills and knowledge in auditing, control and security.
It is maintained by ISACA (Information Systems Audit and Control Association)
The CISA certification is geared towards IS auditing and Governance as well as other security concepts. It contains information from:
- IS Audit;
- IT Governance;
- Lifecycle Management;
- IT Service delivery;
- Protection of information assets;
- Business Continuity planning and Disaster Recovery planning.
To be considered certified, the following criteria must be satisfied:
Note: The exam is only available in June and December.
- The candidate must register for the exam and pay the examination fee;
- The candidate must at least five years of professional experience in auditing, control or security. Some exceptions may apply;
- The candidate must sign a Code of Professional Ethics;
- The candidate must pass an exam of multiple-choice questions.