CCSP - Cisco Certified Security Professional
The CCSP is a certification that demonstrates that the owner has the skill and ability to secure Cisco networks.
It is maintained by Cisco Systems Inc.
The CCSP is a certification that covers VPN management, PIX firewall as well as other components to integrate into a secure network solution.
Cisco offers a series of courses for preparing for this certification. These courses are:
- Securing Cisco Network Devices (SND) v2.0
- Securing Networks with Cisco Routers and Switches (SNRS) v2.0
- Securing Networks with PIX and ASA (SNPA) v4.0
- Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) v5.0
- Securing Hosts Using Cisco Security Agent (HIPS) v3.0
- Cisco Secure Virtual Private Networks (CSVPN) v4.0
To be considered certified, the following criteria must be satisfied:
This certification must be renewed every three years. This includes an exam to prove current knowledge.
- The candidate must sign a confidentiality legal agreement;
- The candidate must pass five exams that include securing Cisco network devices, securing networks, using PIX and ASA, implementing Cisco IPS and using the Cisco Security Agent.