CCDP - Cisco Certified Design Professional
The CCDP is a certification that demonstrates that the owner has a Professional knowledge of Cisco network design.
It is maintained by Cisco Systems Inc.
The CCDP is a certification that covers network design through the use of SONA, the Service-Oriented Network Architecture. This includes concepts such as network structure, IP Addressing, and network design methodologies.
Cisco offers a series of courses for preparing for this certification. These courses are:
- Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI) v3.0
- Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks (BCMSN) v3.0
- Designing Cisco Network Service Architectures (ARCH) v1.2
To be considered certified, the following criteria must be satisfied:
This certification must be renewed every three years. This includes an exam to prove current knowledge.
- The candidate must sign a confidentiality legal agreement;
- The candidate must pass two or three exams (depending on the route the individual takes) that include building scalable networks, building multilayer switched networks and network service architectures.